For businesses in the service industry, creating a good customer experience is the utmost priority. While RuuM clients might not be your usual clientele, they are still customers and need some attention to detail. People who come to work on their computers in a cafe or restaurant want to feel like they are welcomed and it’s accepted to work there. We don’t want to make them feel like they need to order something after every 30 minutes to ‘justify’ their stay.
Here are some tips about how to approach RuuM users once they have booked a table at your business and how to create the right atmosphere for a good customer experience.
- Set up dedicated desk space in a cozy area that has access to a power outlet and a good wifi connection. If you have some free desks in a more secluded and quieter area of your place, we recommend that you reserve a table there.
- Place a reservation note on the booked table beforehand and add this information to the note:
- RuuM reservation + time booked
- Clients name
- Wifi name and password (so they don’t need to ask for it separately and can go straight to work.
- If you want, you could also add a special note with a nice wish or other special offer.
- We encourage you to offer a free coffee or discount on lunch offers to RuuM clients that have booked a table for at least 3h. If you feel like offering a free machine coffee is a bit too much, maybe you can stir up a pot of coffee and offer that for free. This way, they are more likely to book the table for a longer period and are more inclined to book your place also the next time. PS! Make sure you have selected the “Special offers” box on your listing page and that you have added it to the description section also.
- The Wifi connection in your business should be fast. If your establishment’s Wifi connection is not that good, maybe it would be a good time to think about an upgrade.
- Can you offer a quiet space for short calls when they are needed? Maybe your business already has some type of extra room that clients can use for important calls during their stay. If you have that option, make sure to select this option in your listing amenities on the RuuM platform and share that information with the customers as well.
- Many cafes and restaurants in Estonia already offer free tap water. Let the customers know right away if and where they can have free tap water by writing it on the note or letting them know once they arrive.
Having a quick check-in time is very valuable to RuuM users. So let’s do everything we can do to give them all the information they might need beforehand, so once they arrive, they can just walk in, find their place with all the necessary info, and start working. If you’ll come up with other good ideas on how to offer an even better customer experience to RuuM users, let us know! And also, let us know what we can do to help you on our end. We are here to help you in any way we can!